Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Not Guilty!

I've done a total of two trials so far, and I won my second trial! My client was accused of six counts in total. One was dismissed per a Rule 20 motion after the state rested. The jury found my client not guilty of the remaining five counts at the conclusion of the case. Those counts were Aggravated DUI x 4, and Criminal Damage (a misdemeanor).

I never expected to win a trial so soon in my career, especially an Aggravated DUI trial. But this is very exciting and very emotionally rewarding. I already felt like my decision to attend law school was validated when I got this job, but this reaffirmed that.

3 comments:

Katie Sue said...

You should be proud! What an amazing accomplishment sweetheart! You certainly went into the right field--you followed God's calling and He will use you mightily as a lawyer :-)

Linds G said...

Awesome! You deserve that feeling!!

Melissa Iden said...

I'm SO excited for you!!!