Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things I Learned On Facebook Today #2

Part Two in an ad infinitum series. As always, not recommended.

Thing 1: It can be misconstrued if you "like" that Jaime Escalante passed away. Mr. Escalante is the real person portrayed by Edward James Olmos in "Stand and Deliver." Probably people mean that they like Mr. Escalante, but you know, context and whatnot.

Thing 2: The radical right is more likely to create domestic terrorists than the radical left.

Thing 3: No one takes you seriously when your status is "Dying. Please help."

Thing 4: People tend to post a lot about their children. Will this cause anti-Facebook backlash in the next generation? "I refuse to take part in social networking--or society at all--because my parents subjected my entire life to the entire Internet."

1 comment:

Katie Sue said...

Thing 3: Just the modern version of the boy who cried wolf.

Thing 4: Interesting question. I know it sometimes causes me to hide friends that are "child report posting" obsessed. I don't know that kids will rebel against the social networking as a result of their parents so much as I think they will create an alternate version that they can claim is hipper and cooler and thus it has no reflection or connection to their parents. I can't imagine the social networking trend disappearing anytime soon!